Wednesday 11 August 2010

Vintage at Goodwood



I’m off to the newly launched Vintage at Goodwood on Sunday – an entire festival dedicated to vintage fashion, music, art, design and food – sounds like my kind of weekend! 

Covering all decades from the 40s-80s, I’m envisaging plenty of shopping opportunities at the vintage bazaar, catwalks and fashion workshops (make-your-own Dandy Cravattes, anyone?), while entertainment includes a 40s Swing band, Burlesque, tea dancing lessons and a mobile cinema.


I’m intrigued to see what the “vintage food” involves – the website has some fabulously kitsch images of trifle and 80s finger buffet food, promising such delights as Boiled Ham Terrine and Devilled Eggs at the 40s-style Tanqueray Torch Club, 50s pie-and-mash, and good old 70s chicken korma. I’ll report back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment