Friday 11 February 2011

Bath Time


I promised a post on my highlights from our recent weekend in Bath - such a fantastic city with plenty to tempt me. I loved gorgeous home boutique Kiss the Frog Again for its mix of reclaimed and up-cycled vintage furniture for children and adults:




While Hansel und Gretel is a den of Alpine-inspired goods with one of the cosiest cafes I’ve ever seen in its basement - serving up the best strudel and hot chocolates in town:





The city also has its own fashion museum with a huge collection of historical dress - a great resource for vintage lovers. An exhibition dedicated to vintage wedding dresses is just about to start, appropriately on Valentines Day and running until January 2012. It will include the museum’s collection of wedding dresses, as well as previously unseen photographs of 30s couture dresses.



1 comment:

  1. I have just stumbled across your blog and already I have been overwhelmed by the sheer number and variety of interesting posts. This post about Bath is brilliant. I lived in Bath for 3 years whilst at Uni and love the city. I'm only in Bristol now so I will definitely be popping on the train to go and check out these little gems. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete