Thursday 28 June 2012

Craft Club


When we first moved out of London, I had visions of setting myself up a little space in our new house to craft, sew and generally create. I managed to make the space, with an abundance of vintage fabrics, handcraft books, ribbons and buttons waiting patiently by the sewing machine - but did i create? Well, you can guess the answer to that. Discussing this with local friends who have similar crafty ambitions, we decided to start a craft night when babes are in bed and we can natter over a glass of wine while working on our own projects - hopefully with a bit of peer pressure to keep the momentum going! 

The first Craft Club was held at my house and I loved every minute - we had Michelle knitting a beautiful grey baby cardi, Sara stitching vintage-style embroideries, Nikki expertly quilting and I got down to making cushions using vintage fabric for Mrs Biddle's (long since past) birthday. You can see how the finished cushions look in her lovely new home here









3 comments:

  1. Another reason I want to be living near you guys. I want to come to craft night - boo for us all being so far apart. And the cushions have had lots of admiring comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very nice art works created by you. I must say these cushion covers are very nicely created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day. I like your blog post. It all looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete