Tuesday 13 July 2010

Horrockses vintage fashion exhibition

The latest exhibition at London’s Fashion and Textile Museum put me in a honeymoon mood – showcasing some fabulous 40s and 50s cotton summer frocks, swimsuits and beach attire from the archives of British design house Horrockses Fashions.

Set out in a seaside-themed display are perfectly preserved outfits plus original prints and sketches, alongside anecdotes behind a dress and when it was worn. The graphic print and colour looks so modern, it makes me wonder why they don’t re-launch the brand for today?

The museum is also running a programme of vintage-themed events to run in parallel with the exhibition, including make-do-and-mend sessions for reviving tired clothes.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I wish I were planning a trip to London to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so embarrassed I didn't know about this - I'm going *tomorrow*. thanks for the report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, Horrockses Fashions, the only good thing to come out of Preston.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics and dresses!
    It looks like a lovely day out...
    Sadly I live to far away to visit.
    So it was nice to see your phots!
    Thanks for sharing!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete