Friday 9 July 2010

My very own Betty Draper

I’m a huge (and slightly obsessive) fan of Mad Men – the US series about late 50s New York ad men and their gals, with a particular fondness for Betty’s wardrobe (fit-and-flare dresses, marabou-trimmed house coats, corseted underwear and the occasional Capri pant).

So my colleagues struck gold yesterday by presenting me with none other than a Betty Draper doll as a wedding present! They had some how managed to convince the lovely people at Mattel to send one over even before they hit the shops in the US and UK. The floral dress is absolutely beautiful with a huge bow at the back, she’s wearing fish-nets and has her own little clutch bag, complete with make-up compact! From the expression on her face, I think she may have had one too many martinis though. I can’t quite bring myself to remove her from the box as she looks so perfectly Betty in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment