Thursday, 20 May 2010

Handmade hair accessories


Our trip up north to the Wirral the other week was a whirlwind of wedding planning, but I managed a few moments of calm looking out to sea through the rooftop studio windows of friend and designer Emma Embery. Emma is the most talented embroiderer I’ve ever met – she creates intricate large-scale embroideries on dresses and shawls, making it look effortless when it must be anything but.

She is also a true vintage magpie – rummaging in markets and antiques shops for pretty bits of lace, antique pearls and delicate fabrics to turn into hair accessories, jewellery or appliqu├ęs. She has very kindly offered to make me a bespoke head piece as a wedding gift – I can’t wait to see the results.

Here are some pics from her lovely studio:







4 comments:

  1. That was really adorable accessories I love it. Will certainly visit your site more often now.

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma really create magic in her accessories..she design them with so much perfection that i ca tell you..i already seen some work of her..really good one..keep going..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have my hair long - would love to wear those pretty headbands...


    Jane
    http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

    ReplyDelete